You are here

mxExpectationGREML error

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
carey's picture
mxExpectationGREML error

Why does this give an error when the code is taken directly from the documentation to mxExpectationGREML?

> require(OpenMx)
> mxVersion()
OpenMx version: 2.0.1.4157
R version: R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0
Default optimiser: NPSOL
> # the following are the first three commands from the Examples from
> # the documentation to mxExpectationGREML
> dat <- cbind(rnorm(100),rep(1,100))
> colnames(dat) <- c("y","x")
>
> ge <- mxExpectationGREML(V="V",yvars="y",Xvars=list("X"),addOnes=FALSE)
Error in mxExpectationGREML(V = "V", yvars = "y", Xvars = list("X"), addOnes = FALSE) :
unused arguments (yvars = "y", Xvars = list("X"), addOnes = FALSE)

AdminRobK's picture
Something's definitely not

Something's definitely not right. The GREML feature did not exist in the v2.0.1 release of OpenMx. In fact, GREML has not yet been included in any publicly announced binary release of the package. However, the help page from which you're taking the example must be fairly new; those first three lines of syntax match what is in the head of the source repository on github. What's weird is that the error that's being thrown suggests that you're using a revision of the package that would have been built from the source repository at some time between sometime in February and April 10th.

If you enter this

installed.packages()[rownames(installed.packages())=="OpenMx",]

at the R prompt, what version number(s) do you see?

carey's picture
(1) the GREML functions and

(1) the GREML functions and objects are definitely present in the version of OpenMx that I installed (see below). E.g., if I submit "mxExpectationGREML" I get the function and getClass("MxExpectationGREML") gives me the class. The function and documentation, however, do not agree.

(2) I submitted the command but cannot include the result here--I keep getting the message "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted." See the attached file.

AdminRobK's picture
First of all, sorry about the

First of all, sorry about the spam filter. It gives false alarms annoyingly often. It's the reason I stopped posting with my non-Admin account.

It seems your package version, package code, and help page don't match for some reason. As for why, I'm as confused as you are. I'm not able to reproduce the behavior you're reporting on my own system, but then, I'm running Windows, not Mac OSX.

Have you recently reinstalled using source('http://openmx.psyc.virginia.edu/getOpenMx.R')? You probably have, but if not, try that and see if the problem persists. If that doesn't help, are you able to build the package from the source repository? If so, see if that makes a difference.

I will contact you via email with another hint or two.

carey's picture
Some headway: (1) I just

Some headway:
(1) I just tried "source('http://openmx.psyc.virginia.edu/getOpenMx.R')" It installs version 2.0.1.4157 on the Mac (OS X 10.8.5) but version 2.2.2 on Linux.
(2) I do not get the problem with the Linux version.

AdminRobK's picture
good to hear
(2) I do not get the problem with the Linux version.

Good, glad to hear. I'll email you again with a few more thoughts.

Edit: does the problem persist with v2.0.1 on your Mac?