Copyright © 2007-2016 The OpenMx Project
A more stable beta release of the OpenMx 1.1 series is available for download. Use the alternate installation command in an R terminal
For more information on OpenMx 1.1 please see our original announcement .
Below is the full changelog since the OpenMx 1.0.0 release. We have made numerous small improvements and bug fixes.
Improved Beta Release 999.0.0-1690 (June 27, 2011)
* added omxSelectRowsAndCols, omxSelectRows and omxSelectCols documentation
* fixed model flattening to keep track of confidence intervals in submodels
* fixed a bug in omxParallelCI() introduced by previous change
* added verifyCorrelationMatrix to mxData. See http://openmx.psyc.virginia.edu/issue/2011/06/error-checking-correlation-matrices
* added error checking for dimnames on MxMatrix and MxAlgebra objects
* reformated comments and heading style for all demos
* fixed segmentation fault on backend error condition
Beta Release 999.0.0-1661 (May 20, 2011)
* turn off jiggling of free parameters with starting values of 0.0 when useOptimizer=FALSE
* allow non-RAM objective functions in RAM model
* change model type names to 'default' and 'RAM'
* no longer explicitly transforming RAM + raw data models into FIML models
* fixed bug in MxMatrix indexing operator
Pre-Release 999.0.0-1609 (April 7, 2011)
* added argument 'threshnames' to mxFIMLObjective()
* eliminated "initialize" method for MxMatrix objects
* added "omxCreateMatrix" method for MxMatrix objects
* renaming majority of omx* functions to imx* functions. See http://openmx.psyc.virginia.edu/thread/761
* added error checking to mxOption() function
* added "Optimality tolerance" to mxOption() selection
* added 'lbound' and 'ubound' columns to summary() output of free parameters
* added asterisks to the 'lbound' and 'ubound' columns when feasibility tolerance is met
* added "omxNot" function to the set of available mxAlgebra() function
* added "omxSelectRows", "omxSelectCols", and "omxSelectRowsAndCols" as mxAlgebra operators()
* updated interface of mxRowObjective
* in ML objective: expected covariance matrix and observed covariance matrix must have identical dimnames
* in RAM and ML objectives: the observed means vector must have column names
* added "mean" function to the set of available mxAlgebra() functions
* added slots "expCov" and "expMean" to the MxRAMObjective function
* added useOptimizer option to mxRun.
* added error checking in frontend and backend for non-positive-definite observed covariance matrices
* added "omxGreaterThan", "omxLessThan", "omxApproxEquals", "omxAnd", and "omxOr" operators to the set of mxAlgebra() operators
* error checking for model[] or model[[TRUE]]
* error checking in the front-end whether more than 20 ordinal columns are present in a data set
* improved performance in the front-end in mxModel() for adding paths to RAM models
* print name of algebra when operator has too few or too many arguments
Pre-Release 999.0.0-1527 (January 6, 2011)
* added mxErrorPool() function and R documentation.
* added Apache license information to all R documentation files.
* new implementation of mxEval().
* new argument 'defvar.row' to mxEval(). See ?mxEval.
* handling definition variables for (I - A) ^ - 1 speedup
* handling square bracket labels for (I - A) ^ - 1 speedup
* added argument 'free' to omxGetParameters. See ?omxGetParameters.
* added argument 'strict' to omxSetParameters. See ?omxSetParameters.
* eliminated warnings for confidence interval optimization codes
* added "..." argument to mxRObjectiveFunction()
* added 'excludeself' argument to mxPath() function
* fix memory leak in RAM objective function
* removed dependency to MBESS library in R documentation
* added more descriptive error message when thresholds are not sorted
* incorporated NaN unsafe matrix-matrix multiplication (dgemm) from R <= 2.11.1
* incorporated NaN unsafe matrix-vector multiplication (dgemv) from R <= 2.11.1
* return NA in mxVersion() if "OpenMx" cannot be found
* fix infinite loop in objective function transformations
* added initialization to load OpenMx on swift workers
* implemented omxParallelCI() to calculate confidence intervals in parallel
* only calculating CIs for upper triangle of symmetric matrices
* cleanup appearance of transient MxMatrix objects in error messages
* fix bug with very large number of omxUntitledName() objects
* added optional argument CPUS=n to "make test" target
* change snowfall interface to use sfClusterApplyLB()
* storing raw data in row-major order, and copying contiguous data rows
* fix bug in mxModel() when using remove = TRUE