Copyright © 2007-2016 The OpenMx Project
The beta release of the OpenMx 1.3 series is available for download. Use the alternate installation command in an R terminal
source("http://openmx.psyc.virginia.edu/getNewOpenMx.R"). The new series of OpenMx is the result of nearly 3 months of development and much feedback from the user community.
In our development cycle a beta-release indicates that each new feature has been tested with some type of validation script in our test repository. However we need to broader community to shake out any final bugs before moving to the OpenMx 1.3.0 release. We always recommend verifying the output against the latest stable version of OpenMx before rushing to publication. Below is the full change log since the OpenMx 1.2.4 release. We have made numerous small improvements and bug fixes.
Beta Release 999.0.0-2126 (August 03, 2012)
* added mxOption() for "Analytic Gradients" with possible values "Yes"/"No"
* added 'cache' and 'cacheBack' arguments to mxEval()
* added omxLocateParameters() function (see ?omxLocateParameters)
* type='RAM' allowing 'manifestVars' argument to appear in a different order
than in the observed covariance matrix.
* bug fix in the identification of NA definition variables
* the configuration mxRun(model, checkpoint = TRUE) writes a line
in the checkpoint file at the conclusion of model optimization.
* added "Always Checkpoint" to mxOptions() with values "Yes" or "No"
* header for the checkpoint file will identify anonymous
free parameters with the string modelName.matrixName[row,col]
* omxGetParameters() and omxSetParameters() support anonymous
* bugfix to omxRAMtoML() when input model has covariance data
* implemented cov2cor in the OpenMx backend
* mxOption "Major iterations" accepts either a value or a function
* now tracking the MxAlgebra and MxMatrix objects that need to be updated
when populating free parameters or updating definition variables.